Choose Your Own Adventure

William Dode wilk at flibuste.net
Mon May 6 04:56:33 EDT 2002

Le Sun, 05 May 2002 15:51:07 -0700
Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> écrivait:

> Philipp Lenssen wrote:
>
> > The term CYOA is used, as I explained, to describe exactly what QML
> > produces, all around the web and newsgroups. If I want to quickly
> > explain
> > what QML does I need to use this term without many alternatives, and
> > this
> > will help anybody accessing the site.
>
> I have no vested interest here; I am not the owner of the trademark, nor
> am I affiliated with them in any way, nor am I (obviously) affiliated
> with you or QML.  I'm just warning you that your choice of desciptions
> may result in legal troubles down the road.  It seems foolhardy to me to
> knowingly and willfully use a trademarked term in your promotion; in
> fact, the trademark owners could conceivably use this exchange to
> demonstrate your knowledge of the potential violation.
>
> You can rationalize to me or to yourself all you want how you think the
> usage is legitimate, but that doesn't really address the issue that if
> the trademark holder sees fit you may find yourself embroiled in a
> lawsuit.  Whether you want to avoid that quickly and easily now or deal
> with when and if it happens is completely up to you; I was just pointing
> out the objective fact that you are using the trademarked term in a
> realm where the trademark clearly applies.
I think (and hope) that a trademark of a sentence with usual words is not
legal in europe now... And philipp seems to live in Deutshland...

Philipp, did you see pyzzle ? an engine to make game like myst/riven :
http://pyzzle.sourceforge.net/

bye

--
William Dodé - Informaticien Indépendant
http://www.flibuste.net