Chris Humphries chumphries at devis.com
Sun Nov 10 03:49:33 EST 2002

where are you getting these "normal" definitions from? they
do not exist. probably the closest thing to that being standardized
is man style on *bsd, or the linux kernel coding doc about coding
standards for code (forget the name).

the people have enough of a time just keeping a language standard,
much less the syntax. i use C syntax of openbsd's man style, lisp
syntax that emacs uses, and python syntax i use at work that we
agreed to use.

standards are syntax are generally relative to what scope you are in
when actually coding, not as some universal rule.

-chris