wxPythonGTK and Python2.2.1 problems on RedHat 8.0

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 6 10:29:30 EST 2002

Hi all,

We just installed RedHat 8.0 on our servers and we're having a problem
with Python. The system comes with Python2.2. I installed wxPythonGTK
(what's currently available as a binary on wxpython.org) and ran into
some trouble. One of our other engineers is working on a system using
Python and wxPython for an application. She has been working on
Python2.2 (latest release from the python.org site) and
wxPython2.3.2.1, which was previously available on the wxpython.org
site. Her application worked fine under that setup on RedHat Linux
7.3. However, now the splitter window won't show it's contents with
the setup I described above for Linux 8.0 and wxPythonGTK. Does anyone
have any idea how I might fix this or what is going on?

Thanks,
Doug Farrell
Scholastic, Inc

dfarrell at grolier.com