How to write Inline Functions in Python?

David Brown david at no.westcontrol.spam.com
Fri Nov 15 03:15:03 EST 2002

"Chad Netzer" <cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> On Thursday 14 November 2002 04:47, David Brown wrote:
>
> > The question then is when will gcc support such
> > link-time code generation, because until then, inlined functions in
headers
> > will remain an issue.
>
>    I'm guessing there may be patent issues in this particular area, which
> could restrict gcc's ability to implement some of these features.

Really?  It's an obvious idea - I thought of it years ago, and I have never
written a compiler.  I couldn't imagine that anyone who has really thought
about it would see it differently.  The implementation, on the other hand,
could be tough (and presumably is tough - or it would have been done long
ago), especially for gcc where the linker is very much a seperate entity
from the compiler.