A really bad idea.

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Nov 14 19:35:30 EST 2002

"James J. Besemer" wrote:

> I collect pocket reference guides, and FWIW, Python's is the largest!
>
> Perl 5 (including libraries) is only 48 pages.
>
> I have C/C++ pocket refs that work out to 8 pages for the language and
> 8
> pages for the libraries.

I think what's making the difference here is the quality/depth of the
reference guides, not the actual languages.  A "C/C++" reference that is
a total of 16 pages simply not comparable to a Python reference that is
124 pages.  C and C++ (two different languages, by the way) are not
about 8 times simpler than Python.  Far from it, in fact.

/  \ Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
\__/ Evelyn Waugh
    WebVal / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/webval/
 URL scanner, maintainer, and validator in Python.