"Universal Gateway"

Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 2 11:41:33 EST 2002

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> writes:

> So it seems there will be 2 universal strategies:
> * If you want to implement one or 2 interfaces (eg, the Outlook addin,
> where you only need to implement a handful of interfaces out of the
> hundreds available) - in this case you stick with the
> "RegisterInterfaces()" type calls in the existing examples.
>
> * You want to implement *all* interfaces in a TLB.  In this case you
> add a couple of extra annotations to your server class, and magic
> happens <wink>

Am I right in reading into this, the fact that the universal gateway
is only for *implementing* general vtable interfaces (as one poster
mentioned)? If so, is there a way to *call* an arbitrary interface?
(Actually, I imagine that this should be possible using calldll plus a
reasonable amount of arcane pointer arithmetic, but it sounds like it
could be a bit messy and error prone...)

Paul.

--
This signature intentionally left blank