socket.error __del__

Lexy Zhitenev zhitenev at cs.vsu.ru
Fri Nov 15 05:50:17 EST 2002

> I'm using a TCP threading socket server and I get this error
>
> Exception socket.error: (10054, 'Connect reset by peer') in <bound
> method _fileobject.__del__ of <socket._fileobject instance at
> 0x0089CED8>> ignored

AFAIK, this happens because socket is already closed by your client.

When socket object is destroyed, it tries to close the connection, but this
operation failes, because your peer - client has already closed the
connection, or the client socket has failed (e.g. for power failure, or
computer reboot or smth else).