urllib2 network access denied

Nicholas Yue nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com
Fri Nov 1 03:50:41 EST 2002

Hi,

    OS: WindowsXP Professional
    ActiveState Python 2.2

    I am running a schedule task which includes a python script for
retrieving daily report from an external web server.

    My machine sits behind a firewall and a proxy server.

    When I am login, I am able to run the script but once I logout, the
schedule task runs the script on my behalf (I have provided the require
Windows credential to run the script), it fails to have access to the
internet saying that:

File "C:\Python22\lib\urllib2.py", line 400, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 502: Proxy Error ( The specified network name
is no longer available. )
Is this a firewall related problem? Can I setup the firewall stuff (login
etc) using Python?

Cheers