Python IRC dictatorship

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Mon Nov 25 17:50:41 EST 2002

Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote:
[Snip a large IRC log]
> ThreeSeas I'm a genius... If I can't answer your question I will try and make
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> out that you don't know what you are talking about..... but are there really
> 120 users here that hail to ...... dash

A free piece of advice for you. It's been my experience, along with the
experience of many others, that anybody who claims publicly to be a
genius:

a) Almost certainly has an ego problem, and

b) Usually isn't worth listening to.

I'm afraid that you won't find too many people on this newsgroup
sympathetic to you until you approach matters with a little humility and
begin first by considering the possibility that you might be wrong. If
you start by assuming "I'm must be right, therefore anybody who doesn't
agree with me is an idiot," you will find that very few people are
willing to listen to you.

I, in fact, am not one of those people willing to listen to you. If you
it out automatically.

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com>
http://www.rmunn.com/