mod_python

Tetsuo anonymous at nodomain.none
Fri Nov 29 19:26:46 EST 2002

>> That sounds so complex, clumsy and dumb that it's probably not the
>> way. How do I make every script handle itself? I tried the publisher
>> handler, and it proved useless.
>
> The publisher handler will do what you want

How? Instructions give no clues. I tried to put in:

    <Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/python">
	AddHandler python-program .py
	PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    </Directory>

With this, opening any script gives a not-found. Like the description says
it should. That's not what I want.

>> I thought about importing everything to one script from others, but
>> that isn't what I need at all. That's just pointless.
>
> And that's the way the publisher works

You lost me.

>> And how do I make it so typing in a directory gives me a page
>> (index.htm) instead of a list of the files in the directory? (Goes to
>> take another look at the publisher)
>
> I dont believe that's connected to mod_python.

I see.

I just want to know... How do other people do it? Because I'm lost and
don't know what I want any more. I want to make a ratings site, kinda like
Epinions, so what do I need for that?

For now, I want to know how to run multiple scripts from one directory. If
modpython can't do that, can Zope?