could python serve web scripts ?

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Fri Nov 1 12:05:54 EST 2002

"dsavitsk" <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote in message
news:0Zow9.3620$mN6.1025961 at newssrv26.news.prodigy.com...
> "black" <blackprogramming at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1036123142.8986.python-list at python.org...
> Howdy~
>  I'm learning ASP these days and bothered VBScript much, I want to kick it
> off and I wonder if Python could be substitution.
>
> you can use Python for active server pages.  here's an example how ...
>
> #-------------------------------
> <%@ Language=Python %>
> #--------------------------------

<to-me-via-email>
> thanx much !!! but I know not much on how to
> control ASP with Python, any tutorials or links
> please ???  and my database is SQL server, could
> it connect with Python too  ???
</to-me-via-email>

for an example of using ADO w/ Python see www.e-coli.net/pyado.html, for
other ways, search this newsgroup for a message from Oct 29 with the subject
"Using Python with Microsoft SQL Server"

<a-second-email>
> sorry that I tried the code but ASP refused it. it
> says "script language Python couldnt be found in your
> server", how to fix it please ?
</a-second-email>

Have you installed Python?  you must do it in one of two ways.  either
install Python + win32all (available from www.python.org) or install
ActivePython from www.activestate.com.

In general, please post to the newsgroup or to the newsgroup + email rather
than email alone.  also, most beginner questions can be answered easily via
a google groups search.  however, if you can't find an answer, then by all
means post here.

good luck,

-d