Interfaces

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 21 07:39:05 EST 2002

Lee Harr <missive at frontiernet.net> writes:

> Are interfaces still a happening proposition?

If you give it enough time (like 10 years or so), it might happen.

> Did we decide that we are not interested? Or are we waiting to see
> how this goes in Zope before making any commitment?

Who is that "we" that you are referring to. I'm personally not very
interested in interfaces as a language feature; I'm just fine with
interfaces as a concept and documentation vehicle.

What "we" are interested in is irrelevant. To make it happen, you need
a single individual determined enough to make it happen. That
individual should be prepared to get holes shot into the first 50
proposals that she comes up with.

IOW, it hasn't happened yet because it is really difficult.

Regards,
Martin