Python documentation in DocBook

DaveP DaveP at NEARLYdpawson.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 03:28:03 EST 2002

mertz at gnosis.cx (David Mertz, Ph.D.) wrote in
news:mailman.1037232380.29621.python-list at python.org:
> DaveP has written a bunch of things insulting other posters.

If that was the received message I apologise. Not intended.
I've praised what I previously perceived to be Fred's material in
the past and consider it an excellent suite of documentation.
I still stand by that, otherwise I wouldn't have posted at all.

 And a
> bunch more observing (correctly enough) that with a whole lot of work,
> the documentation toolchain could eventually get back to the state its
> in now.
>
> But for the life of me, I cannot figure out what good, however slight,
> would come of such a conversion.
>
> Of course, I write a few columns on XML, so I guess I'm prejudiced. :-)

If that had been 'in XML' instead of 'on XML' I'd have asked why you
can't figure it out. Martin mentioned fashion, it is fashionable. Its
also flexible and has a full toolsuite. It simply appeared as a natural
for a job such as the python docsuite.

If my comments are being taken as insulting I really will shut up.

regards DaveP