Textbooks on Perl/Python

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Nov 5 10:49:57 EST 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:

> if and when a student manages to work all through it, I think the
> student WILL feel pretty confident in their mastery of the subject.

("it" is Deitel & Deitel's Python : How To Program)

My concern was that the student might feel confident in the subject
after reading the book, but that this might not be justified.  It does
cover a huge amount of material, but not with enormous depth (at
least, not in the chapters *I* tech reviewed).

It's also expensive, if you were one of the three or four regular
posters to this list who didn't get a review copy :)

Cheers,
M.

--
  [3] Modem speeds being what they are, large .avi files were
      generally downloaded to the shell server instead[4].