tkinter - tk window remains

Dubois, Jeff Jeff.Dubois at westgroup.com
Thu Nov 14 16:29:44 EST 2002

  I am using Tkinter to bring up a ScrolledText window.
  However, when the user closes the window by clicking on the X button in
the upper right of the ScrolledText window the "tk" window remains.  Based
on documentation I have read I have tried using the .withdraw() method in
hopes the tk window would disappear.  However the tk window still remains.
The code I am using is:

                rootWin = Tk()
                rootWin.withdraw()
                st = ScrolledText(master=rootWin)
                st.pack(side=TOP, expand=1, fill=BOTH)
                st.insert(END, "\n\n\n\n       THIS IS MAIN WINDOW!\n")
                rootWin.mainloop()

  I am using python2.1 on an Windows NT operating system.

  Any ideas on how to fix this?
  Thanks!

  Jeff