Does Python (or psyco) already do this optimisation?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 03:39:05 EST 2002

Okay.  That answers whether base Python (non-psyco) currently does this.
 Thank-you for confirming what I'd assumed regarding the current operation.

Any idea (anyone) whether the outlined approach has been attempted for
global-variable access optimisation?  i.e. is this an explored and
deemed-dead path, or something new?

Enjoy,
Mike

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

>"Mike C. Fletcher" <mcfletch at rogers.com> writes:
>

>>Anyway, would be interested to know if someone C-knowledgable has done
>>this already and 1) integrated it into Python or psyco already, or 2)
>>decided it just isn't a feasible approach?
>>

>Local namespaces are accessed by integer index only, global namespaces
>are accessed by dictionary only; object attribute lookup uses complex
>procedures.
>
>Regards,
>Martin

  Mike C. Fletcher