segmentation fault when unpickling an object in another Python instance

Raik Gruenberg graik at web.de
Wed Nov 6 17:43:02 EST 2002

It's not cPickle specific - I got the same segmentation fault when using
  normal pickle.

Getting a minimum example will take some time and it can get quite long.
I can switch off the error by deleting a line in the constructor of the
pickled object...

Summary so far, I can not unpickle my object if:
- The constructor of this object called (before pickling) a certain
method of an internally referenced object
- this internal object encapsulates an Numeric array
- the certain method deletes parts of this array (via Numeric.compress )

Rings a bell for someone??

Anyway, I'll see what I can do.
All comments are welcome !

Raik