Wrapping a .dll under windows with SWIG

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Fri Nov 1 12:04:48 EST 2002

Ben C wrote:
> I want to wrap a .dll under windows and have access to it's functions
> etc. The problem is that all I have is the .dll and header file ... no
> source ... and as all the examples that I have seen for swig seem to
> need the original source ... I was wondering if it is still possible
> to get access to the functions stored in the dll? Would anyone be able
> to point me in the write direction, docs examples etc if this can be
> done at all?

sorry if this is no help at all. I believe there are tools to produce a
.LIB file from a .DLL. I think that is all you should need. Then the
generated SWIG code could be properly linked the the LIB/DLL. Hopefully
that's all it takes, unfortunately you are on your own for figuring out the
DLL to LIB thing.