A really bad idea.

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Fri Nov 15 13:34:37 EST 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Daniel Dittmar wrote:

> holger krekel wrote:
> > But in fact i'd like to see some examples of what is readable and
> > what is not readable in your oppinion.

[snip]
> list comprehension: not readable, because you don't know what to search for.

It's funny what people do and don't find readable, huh? I use list comps
all the time because to me they are almost always more readable than the
equivalent code and more vertically compact as well. I wouldn't mind
having a dictionary comp but don't need it nearly as much, even less so a
generator comp.

Just my $0.02,
Dave