Can python find fibonacci series in a single line of code?

Will Ganz wganz at texoma.net
Tue Nov 12 10:19:27 EST 2002

:> My Perl-addicted friend shows me that he can find fibanicci series in
:> a single line of code.

Perl is like some of the doctor's writing that I try to decipher at the
hospital. Great for writing prescriptions but invoke divine intervention to
read more than a couple of sentences. In fact, doctors will ask nurses to
interpret other doctor's writings to read the progress notes.*

The same with Perl. One liners and anything less than 100 lines you can do
in Perl, but get Python for anything that you are going to have to maintain
later. After having dealt with 15000 line Perl 'programs' with all global
variables and documented solely by "self documenting variable names"
(¿quick, what is the difference in $filedate, $FileDate, and $Filedate?)
Python is quite the relief to use.

* estimated 45,00~>98,000 Americans die annually from medication errors v.s.
15,980 Americans murdered in the year 2001