Tkinter's button

black blackprogramming at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 23:33:50 EST 2002

 thanx but why we could check items by format like this: myButton["state"]
as I remembered that is with dictionary, while myButton is instance here how could we invoke a dictionary with an instance name ?
thanx in advance~

 Martin Franklin <mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com> wrote: On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 03:46, black wrote:

> Howdy~
>
> I have a button create with this line:
> import Tkintertk=Tkinter.Tk()button=Tkinter.Button(tk)
> and I found we could add some "property" with this format:
> button["text"]="Howdy"
> is that a hint that all buttons have a predifined dictionary ? and how to check all members ? I searched tutorial about Tkinter but found nothing.

print button.config()

will list all the configuration options and values.....

you can also update widgets like:-

button.config(text="hello")