Johannes Grødem johs+n at ifi.uio.no
Mon Nov 11 05:11:43 EST 2002

* Carl Banks <imbosol at vt.edu>:

>> (All sane editors support paren-matching.)
> I know that.  But that's just humans using the editor to count for
> them.  The point was you can't eyeball the nesting of parentheses.

I fail to see the problem.  Okay, it is slightly inconvenient to write
it on paper, but who does that, anyway?  This is 2002, not 1960.

> Notes about when a particular form is evaluated are all over the spec.
> There are a lot of macros and special forms for which it isn't clear
> whether you should quote an argument or not.

For which it isn't clear to you, you mean.  (Even if it may sound like
it, the previous sentence is not meant as an insult.)

> In Lisp, sometimes it isn't even *defined* when code gets
> evaluated.

No, that's Scheme.

--
Johannes Grødem <OpenPGP: 5055654C>