python, Qt and HOOPS 3D

Jim jbublitzNO at SPAMnwinternet.com
Wed Nov 13 15:23:48 EST 2002

Karl G. Merkley wrote:
> I am looking for the python bindings for the HOOPS-Qt widget.
> Has anybody done this?  Is anyone willing to share?  If not
> does someone have any pointers on how to go about doing this?

> I've been playing around with swig but haven't had any luck making
> it work yet.

I'm not familiar with HOOPS-Qt at all, so this is somewhat
speculative. There is a complete set of Python bindings
for PyQt (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk) using
sip. If HOOPS-Qt depends on other Qt widgets, this would
probably be your best starting point, as you can import
the bindings for the rest of Qt and wouldn't have to
redo them.

There isn't any complete documentation for doing bindings
with sip. I'm working on some stuff to make sip bindings
easier to do (along with docs hopefully), but it'll be
a while before I have anything to release (if ever). If
HOOPS-Qt isn't an extremely large set of files, you can
use PyQt or PyKDE as examples of how to do bindings with
sip manually.

You can get help with sip and PyQt on the PyKDE mailing
list at: