Popular conceit about learning programming languages

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Nov 24 18:40:36 EST 2002

Alex Martelli wrote:

> think (not sure) that the first Prolog interpreter was coded in Lisp,
> presumably with similar intentions.

I know that the first incarnations of Prolog had a Lisp-like syntax; I
don't know offhand if they were actually implemented in Lisp, though.
(Eventually the Edinburgh syntax won out; I remember picking up a
microProlog book at a used technical bookstore which talked about the
archaic syntax and was intrigued, when I asked about it was, ahem,
politely informed that that variant had gone the way of the dodo.)

/  \ Suffering is a journey which has an end.
\__/ Matthew Fox
    Fauxident / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/fauxident/
 A "faux" ident daemon in Python