Hmm... An idea: if a,b==c,d:

Richard Dillingham shadowlord13_1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 18:26:04 EST 2002

> Not really...  ()s don't have anything particularly to do with
> tuples.  The comma is the tupple constructor operator: a,c is a
> tuple (a,c) is the same tuple with parens around it.

Hm.
Perhaps from __future__ import combinedcomparisons

Also, if a,b==c,d doesn't work, I get an error:
    if a,b==c,d: print a
        ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The ^ is under the comma.
So it's not assuming those are tuples, it's saying "WTH are you using a
comma in an if statement for? Stop that! That tickles!"

Whereas if (a,b)==(c,d): print a
DOES work.

So again, for if-statements, this looks like it could be done, unless the
CVS version makes it recognize ,s in if statements as being for tuples.