Perl to python convertor

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Tue Nov 19 07:24:55 EST 2002

holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:

> ?????? ?. wrote:
> > Is there such a beast,
> > I have a perl module for a protocol that's not supported in Python
> > (SMPP). I think it doesn't use much more than plain Perl but I'm not a
> > perl expert.
>
> no, i don't think there is something that would work for you.

I've never used it, but maybe bridgekeeper would work:
http://www.crazy-compilers.com/

It's marked as "experimental" and the web-site says

   Theoretically

      it's possible to convert every Perl programm into an equivalent
      programm written in Python since both languages are
      turing-complete (at least they should ;-)

   Practically
      this is nearly impossible since Perl and Python have a very
      differt style of expressing things.

I have no idea whether it actually works, though.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/