A really bad idea.

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Nov 15 02:35:50 EST 2002

"James J. Besemer" wrote:

> Doing "justice" to the language is not the objective.  Providing a
> "crib
> sheet" for earstwhile experts is the primary purpose.

The only reason I responded was to point out that the size of random
pocket reference guides are not particularly good indications of whether
or not Python is "pretty darn small" compared to other languages.

If your "C/C++" (again, as if that were one language) guide is 16 pages
and the Python one being discussed is 120, it's pretty clear that the
level of detail is simply not comparable.

/  \ Does the true light / Of love come in flashes
\__/ Sandra St. Victor
    EmPy / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/empy/
 A system for embedding arbitrary Python in template text as markup.