pyqt threading problems unstable

Rob Hall bloke at ii.net
Thu Nov 7 05:11:49 EST 2002

I have an app in pyqt that calls multiple python threads.

Basically, I have two concurrent threads which feed a consumer thread.  This
consumer thread then feeds the qt gui.

The problem is when I open more than 2 of these gui objects, one of them
dies with no error.  Eventually they will all die.

I only have the one thread talking to qt (as per the docs) which is the
consumer thread attached to the two producer threads.  They communicate via
a system of signals.

The producer threads call wait() for a predetermined time (eg 15 seconds),
do some processing, and then call a signal method (eg sigDataChanged(data))
on the producer to inform the changes.

Is this a flakey way of going about things? as I am getting pretty
frustrated.  Or is the pyqt threading flakey?

Rob