just some share of experience of learning Python

Geiger Ho s997659 at ee.cuhk.edu.hk
Wed Nov 13 10:41:24 EST 2002

Very often, we hear many say that it is very difficult to learn Python.

This time I have some things share with you all. (I'm still newbie. If I'm
wrong, just point it out.)

In Python, I think you need to know what behinds an object. Say, in module
sys, there is a modules object. This modules object is actually a
dictionary in Python. So think what you can do with a dictionary in
Python. And that all you can do with sys.modules. In the Python document,
it just tells you sys.modules is a dictionary. It assumes you know the
operations of dictionary in Python. Ha~~ I now know why in Python
Tutorial, it teaches me dictionary. And all other data type actually
builds from certain base class in Python! Also, you can type
"dir(sys.modules)" to find what you can do with it. You will get the same
result by typing "dir(dict)".

Regards,
Geiger