A really bad idea.

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Nov 15 16:59:22 EST 2002

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> Indeed.  With very rare exception, the only documentation tools I need
> are
> the builtin help() function and the global module index:
>
>     http://www.python.org/doc/current/modindex.html
>
> Fred Drake and his minions do a wonderful job keeping the
> documentation
> within spitting distance of the source code.

Same here, and agreed.  I do have a copy of the _Python Essential
Reference_, but the only time I really find myself going to it is when I
want to implement a class that behaves like a numeric and so implements
most of the arithmetic operators; there's a concise list of all the
arithmetic operators you can overload in a class, so I frequently find
myself using it as a checklist.  Though I think it's a great book,
that's really the only section I've relied upon.

/  \ I never vote for anyone.  I always vote against.
\__/ W.C. Fields
    Bosskey.net: Aliens vs. Predator 2 / http://www.bosskey.net/avp2/
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.