[OT] Cameras (was Re: Why is Python popular, while Lisp and Scheme aren't?)

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 13:20:01 EST 2002

Eddie Corns wrote:

>>ps. The above doesn't quite apply to 'prosumer' digital P&S like the Canon
>>G2/G3. Because the sensor is so small, those cameras actually have decent
>>zooms. And they also have all the manual controls typical of an SLR. That's
>>because it's the only way the companies can sell to the market who wants
>>manual control but can't afford a 2k-8k true digital SLR.
>
> The G2 was what I went for in the end.  I'm happy and fairly impressed.
> Time to learn a bit about photography I suppose.

Good choice (I have one). Fantastic camera for the price/size. The lens is
excellent, and the image quality is also superb. With a good photo inkjet (an
Epson) you can get beautiful 8x10s and even bigger (prob. up to 11x17 if
you're not too picky at close range). The camera works like a P&S if you want
it, but in manual mode you have full control. Enjoy!