RE function

lily utakecare2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 16:15:20 EST 2002

Hello,

 I need help. I am trying to parse some strings where I want to use the RE function. How can I find all the lines that start with '(object Operation' and should contain the word 'Trace' followed by ': {'  ?

(object Operation...

|Trace: {...}

... ))

I tried using the following code to capture all the instances of these patterns:

tracepattern = re.compile("\(object\s+Operation<.*?>+\sTrace<.*?>\)")
traceoperations = re.findall(tracepattern, operations)

Can you please tell me what is wrong with the above code?

Thanks.

a newbie.