quick question

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at HotMail.com
Tue Nov 19 02:03:14 EST 2002

John ...

I tried your suggestions of using the function
xreadlines() to load the file and doing the counting
via a mapped function using the same input test file ...

Results ...

    Elapsed Time :    8.90 Seconds ... Normal
    Elapsed Time :    5.39 Seconds ... Psyco
    Elapsed Time :    8.29 Seconds ... Psyco JH Map

Questions ...

    Did I implement your suggestions correctly ???

    For convenience in adding the mapped test to what I already had,
    I used a global dictionary defintion ...

    Would that have any significant affects on performace ???

    I wasn't sure whether or not the Psyco binding
    was necessary for the third pass through the script
    when the mapped function is called ???

    Since the printed output lines come out double-spaced
    in the mapped function version, where's the most
    convenient place to stick the strip() function
    without interfering ???

      Maybe when the dict is converted to a tuple list
      just before the report ???

Latest code version and test file ...
http://fastq.com/~sckitching/file_rec_IceCream.zip
[ 25 KB ]