DNS server in python

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Nov 20 20:15:38 EST 2002

> However while this is being sorted out, I'd like a portable, scripted version
> Python seems right :)
>
> So I'm looking for a DNS server in python, if it is already written. I've done
> some searching on freshmeat.net and sourceforge, and also a bit of Googling,
> but the only thing that looked like it might be of use was dynDNS,
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/dyndns/?topic_id=250
> However the link is broken. Grrr.

Have a look at pydns.sf.net - there's most of the guts needed to
do a DNS server. (I've built a couple of little toy ones for tiny
applications using it).

I've also been interested in the zeroconf stuff, and confirmed that
I can handle the multicast DNS stuff (I've done multicast stuff in
the past in python - I did a simple SDR-type client years ago).

Anthony