Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 8 15:55:05 EST 2002

Oleg fed this fish to the penguins on Friday 08 November 2002 04:54 am:

> Hi
>
> I don't know much about Python, but I looked at this comparison
> between Python and Common Lisp (
> http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html ), and I couldn't help but
> wonder why Python is popular, while Common Lisp and Scheme aren't?

        I have to wonder about any paper that describes Python as being like
LISP except with in-fix notation...

        By that loose definition, ALL languages are like LISP... (which, at a
root, is true, since they all can be equated to a Turing machne <G>).

        However, I'd find it more reasonable to declare the Forth is like LISP
-- except backwards <G>