Installing dislin (scientific data plotting software)

fbasegmez fb at ultranet.com
Thu Nov 14 00:11:20 EST 2002

Turhan Ozen <txo at cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<3DD26D66.C96D0C5F at cs.nott.ac.uk>...
[... snip ... ]

> Is there any other recommendations either for using dislin or any advise
> on a powerful plotting tool to use with python apart from dislin?
>
> --

If you need to plot scientific charts without using images, Biggles
(biggles.sourceforge.net) is fairly easy to use to generate
postscript, gif etc. formatted output. I've just started looking at
the Reportlab (reportlab.com) package and found it very capable.
Eventhough you need to spend a little bit more time to get starting,
it generates very nice looking documents.

Fahri Basegmez