Website development and python

o maj omarmaj at talk21.com
Tue Nov 26 07:32:00 EST 2002

Hello,
I work with a team who set up networks and databases for small
companies. We have been repeatedly asked if we could also design their
websites, but we dont have much knowledge or experience in that.

I know a bit of python, xml and html(designed my webpage few years ago
in notepad, but I'm sure theres more to it than that for professional
dev)
Sorry i dont know much about programming in the web, the only prog'g i
do is sql/xml database manipulation, and previously in uni I used C
and later python for my mechanical engineering programming.

Without learning new languages like java and php, how do i get
started?
Surfing the web, i see all sorts of tools. But i dont know how they
fit in, or whether i need them.

Could someone please give me a big picture of the various tools and
methods i need, and where they fit in the puzzle and also where I can
find more resources?
Thanks