call by reference (c module)

Brian Lee senux at senux.com
Wed Nov 13 03:15:28 EST 2002

Hi, I am newbie!

(1) call by reference

I am trying to make a simple C module. Follow is a brief example
for my situation. How can I use `call by reference' to put argument
value to C module?

a = 1
import some_c_module
some_c_module.function(a) # function change variable a to 2
print a                   # I want a to be 2 (not 1)

(2) un-fixed size of arguments to a C module.

Is there any (easy) way to put un-fixed size of arguments to a
C module? I tested PyArg_ParseTuple() but I don't know how to
manage un-fixed size of values with it.

--
Brian Lee - http://www.senux.com/en/