Severe embedding problems - please HELP!!!

Adam Langley usenet at imperialviolet.org
Mon Nov 25 18:56:14 EST 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:27:08 +0000, vm_usenet wrote:

<big snip>
> Please, could someone explain what's going on??? I've seen the
> interpreter do the exact same things in its own code!!! why isn't it
> working?!? I'm simply going nuts, and I already spent three nights
> over this.

Have a look at the xchat source code[1]. I believe that works under Windows
and it certainly works under Linux.

The only thing that I didn't see you mention was Py_NewInterpreter

(and "__name__" is a special symbol containing the name of the current
module, or "__main__" if it isn't being imported)

[1] http://www.xchat.org/files/source/1.8/xchat-1.8.9.tar.bz2