Book recommendation please

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 3 13:45:30 EST 2002

Hello,

I am starting to learn python. I have been away from programming for a
long time, but 10 years ago I was ok in pascal and forth.

I am working through a couple of the helpful tutorials on the web, but I
want a book.  The classic seems to be Lutz / Asher, but I notice that it
is getting little old and predates current versions of python.  I have
seen Gupta "Making Use of Python" advertised.  It is recent and looks
good.  I would be grateful for any views as to which of the two I should
go for.

Thanks,

Geoff