getcwd 2.2.1 vs. 2.2.2 and PythonWin

animeshk animeshk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 20:28:45 EST 2002

A few days ago, I asked about how to find the directory where my
script was running.  Someone posted that I should use getcwd.  Here is
what I noticed:

At work, it all worked fine.  Wing IDE, command line, PythonWin, etc.
Coool!  At work, I was using the ActiveState Python 2.2.1 on Win2k.

At home, it worked fine with Wing IDE and command line, but getcwd in
PythonWin would return the directory where PythonWin.Exe was sitting.
The diff?  I was using a "straight" Python 2.2.2 version (with the
wincom extensions installed) under WinXP.

Has anyone else noticed this?