Regular exp matching delimited string excepting trailing delimiters?

Chermside, Michael mchermside at ingdirect.com
Fri Nov 1 08:22:28 EST 2002

> Can anyone suggest a reg exp (using re) that will match the
> entirety of a delimited string of values, omitting zero or
> more delimiters at the end of the string?

Take a look at the answer I gave Matthew Wood on a similar
problem just a couple of days ago under the subject "difficult
regular expression". Basically, I showed him how to specify
part of a regular expression at the beginning or end which
must match but which is not included as part of the matched
text.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-October/128209.html

-- Michael Chermside