Matthias Heiler heiler at nospam-uni-mannheim.de
Fri Nov 8 09:11:13 EST 2002

Hi,

Python comes with a set of really usefull libraries, so you can do many
interesting things easily.  For many people this more than compensates for
its slow execution time (compared to compiled common lisp).  Open-source
libraries for common lisp are rare.  Scheme doesn't even define how a
"library" should look like.

A second reason for Python's popularity might be that the Python community
is particularly friendly towards beginners.

Matthias