Gnuplot on Windows

Paul Simmonds psimmo60 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 22 04:33:50 EST 2002

<snip>
> >    self.write(s + '\n')
> >IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
> ><open file 'f:\simmonds\gnuplot\pgnuplot.exe', mode 'w' at 0x00792CE8>
>                                           ^^^        ^^^
>Why would a .exe file be opened with mode 'w'?? Or at all?
>
>Creating or modifying exe's on the fly could be not so nice for your system
>;-/
>
>I would want to check that out carefully.

</snip>

Thanks Bengt,

I think this is the time to admit that I really don't know how you'd
simulate stdin/out streams on Windows. This pgnuplot program is a console
mode program supposed to take input from a file stream, and relay it to a
wrapped wgnuplot GUI window.

I used this program hoping it would be a quick and easy solution for my
Windows port problems. However, looking at the code, the last change to
pgnuplot was in '99, and we're running this software on 2000 now. Does
anyone know if the API's moved on so that a recode is in order? I've got a
big book on Windows API C programming, but I was hoping to avoid it as long
as possible...the business end of the wrap is done using PostMessage.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Paul