Protect Python Source

Ira Baxter idbaxter at semdesigns.com
Sat Nov 2 11:34:44 EST 2002

Perhaps obfuscation of source code would be a choice.
You build using "clear-text" source code, then
offer obfuscated source code to your users?
Advantages: easy.
Disadvantages: Reverse engineering is possible.
(But then, that's true of any solution.  We're arguing
about the amount of effort to do it).

We can build obfuscators for essentially any language.
Haven't done it yet for Python, but we already
have a Python parser, which is most of the battle.

See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Formatters/ObfuscatorExample.html
for an example.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com