Python2.1->2.2 broke my thread/signal code?

Hugo van der Merwe s13361562 at spammenot.bach.sun.ac.za
Mon Nov 4 09:50:44 EST 2002

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Hugo van der Merwe <s13361562 at spammenot.bach.sun.ac.za> writes:
>
>> n.skip()   # This does the job when using 2.1, but not when using 2.2
>
> Can you please elaborate what you expect to happen, and what happened
> instead?

n.skip() sends ogg123 the SIGTERM signal, and it is supposed to die. (The
effect of this in my full program would be to play the next track, hence
"skip".) This works fine with python2.1, but with python2.2, SIGTERM does
not kill ogg123. "killall ogg123" also doesn't kill ogg123.

Thus: using python2.2, the process running ogg123 responds to signals
differently. (Doesn't respond to SIGTERM.)

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe