Command.com hosed. OS.system python modules won't execute properly

Tony C cappy2112 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 10:50:52 EST 2002

I didnt set it explicitly, but When I typed set in a DOS box, to view all of the environment variables,  COMPSEC was set to C:\command.com, which is the same path as the shell line. However,I' will try setting it explicitly.
 David LeBlanc <whisper at oz.net> wrote:I believe you must set your COMSPEC to the same as the SHELL so that the additional env space is available for command interpreters invoked by other programs. "Shell" is only for the initial interactive command interpreter and COMSPEC is for other invocations. HTH,
David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA