Unit testing - Using Java Mock Objects in Python?

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Wed Nov 13 10:26:58 EST 2002

Quinet, Joel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody already tried to re-use or port the Java implementation
> of Mock ojects (available on www.mockobjects.com) to Python?

Counter-Question: Do you know about the python unittest package?

> Is it possible to combine the Java Mock objects with Python using Jython?

probably.

> It would be great to have available the Java Mock classes available to
> be used from Python.

Could you describe shortly what makes Mock valuable for you?
I wasn't able understand the distinct features of Mock Objects from
the web site.  Is it that the framework manage deploying stubs rather
than the real code?

thanks,

    holger