decision tree by python

Chermside, Michael mchermside at ingdirect.com
Wed Nov 6 16:06:14 EST 2002

> i am trying to construct a decision and classifiy a set
> of data using GINI index.
> Is there any references?

I'm really not quite sure what you're asking for. The phrase
"construct a decision" suggests that you're trying to build
some object... but I'm not sure what a "decision object" would
be. Alternatively, you may simply not be a native English
speaker and you simply meant you wanted to "make a decision".
That's fine, but without SOME SORT of description of WHAT
decision, it's hard to find a resource.

As for the GINI index, Google suggests you're talking about
a particular formula for analysizing income distribution.
Python is certainly suited for these sorts of calculations,
but I'm not aware of any already-written code that would
perform this calculation. However, it's probably only a few
lines of Python code (no... really!) so you can probably
write it yourself easily - IF that's really what you meant
by it.

If you'll write back with a more specific question we might
be able to be more helpful.

-- Michael Chermside