ht2html and reStructured text

Jim Tittsler jwt at starship.python.net
Thu Nov 7 23:52:47 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1036677249.30040.python-list at python.org>,
Oliver Rutherfurd wrote:

> I've written an '.ht' writer for docutils which will convert
> reStructuredText to an '.ht' file. It is not yet part of
> docutils, but I hope it will be included in a future release.
>
> It can be found in the docutils sandbox here:
>
> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/sandbox/oliverr/ht/

Thanks!  It was just what I was looking for.

(Some of my project's 'structured text' files really are just
fragments, like a bullet list.  The lack of a 'title' was a
problem for the astext method, so I added a default empty title
to HTTranslator's initializer... but perhaps using the original
filename as a default title would be a more general solution.)

> easier to use reStructuredText from ht2html), however I'm new to
> ht2html and am still trying to figure out how to make it work the way
> I'd like it to.  Mainly I want the same nav links throughout a directory
> tree and I'd also like breadcrumbs instead of site links on top. I only

I'm also new to ht2html and am having trouble getting relative
links the way I want them.  But ht2html combined with docutils
and your .ht writer look good for automating site builds from
some existing structured text files.